Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Joys of Parenthood






There's nothing like having your son wake you up at 5:45am and then pee all over the bed while you change him! Jamie was yapping VERY loudly in his crib this morning so I went in and got him, grabbed a fresh diaper and proceeded to change him on our bed like I often do. Well, I got an unexpected suprise when an arc of urine suddenly appeared. Having had this happen many a time, especially in the earlier months, I quickly reacted and stuck the clean diaper over his you-know-what to keep it from going all over the place...but to no avail. Apparently he has the bladder the size of an elephant, because by the time he was done there was a huge puddle underneath him, and all over our sheets! Luckily I ripped the sheet away from the bed before the pee had a chance to penetrate through the pad to our mattress. Thanks, Jamie!

On a lighter note, I got a call from Dave at work yesterday to tell me that Brendan sat up all by himself! Of course he can sit up no problem when we put him in that position, but somehow he brought himself into the sitting position all by himself! So, we were excited about that. We have a feeling that he doesn't know how he did it though, so we don't expect to be seeing it often until he really figures it out. Still, we are happy with the progress he is making.

Oh - and I tried this nifty product, called the Podee. It consists of a nipple attached to a straw which you can then attach to the bottle so that the baby can sit up and drink upright and independently. I wasn't sure how well it would work, but it was a success! Jamie was carrying on when I got home tonight so I sat him and Brendan in their high chairs, handed him the Podee with the bottle, and he sucked away while I fed Brendan his peas and oatmeal. What a handy little gadget this will be! I've posted a photo of Jamie with his Podee, plus a couple of bonus photos of our oh-so-photogenic son.

Well, I'm off to put some clean sheets on our bed and then to sleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment